TERMS & CONDITIONS
The Review Works is the online research product review panel for the purpose of surveying the opinions of Australians for market and social research. In this document, “we”, “us’ and “our” means the entity trading as The Review Works. We may update or revise this policy from time to time. When you use this site, you acknowledge and agree that you may be invited by us to participate in feedback surveys, online surveys and/ or focus groups.
Membership Eligibility and Requirements:
To be eligible to become a member and to remain a member of The Review Works, you must:
be aged 14 years or over;
live in Australia;
complete the ‘Sign Up’ form and ‘Establishment Survey’ (the Preliminaries);
have an active, permanent email address to receive material from us (as outlined below);
submit a review and participate in the post trial survey for every trial you opt in to.
We may accept or reject an application to be a Member at our absolute discretion and without giving you any reasons for its decision. Membership is not transferable.
You may opt out of being a panel member of The Review Works at any stage. This can be done by sending an email to email@example.com and inserting in the subject line “Request Removal” or by following the link to unsubscribe that will be present in every email sent to you by The Review Works Panel.
If you have any questions about The Review Works or membership please contact us via email.
You will be required to register for membership to access certain features on the site.
2.1 For The Review Works Newsletter Subscribers
2.2 For The Review Works Members:
3. SITE ACCESS & USE
All information, text, material, graphics, software and advertisements on the site ("content") are protected by Australian and International copyright and trademark laws.
Apart from any use permitted under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) you must not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, frame, upload to a third party, post, transmit or distribute this content in any way except as expressly provided for on the site or expressly authorised in writing by The Review Works.
The reproduction, duplication, distribution (including by way of email, facsimile or other electronic means), publication, modification, copying or transmission of material from the Site is STRICTLY PROHIBITED unless you have obtained the prior written consent of The Review Works or unless it is specifically stated otherwise within the site. The material covered by this prohibition includes, without limitation, any text, graphics, logos, photographs, audio or video material or stills from audiovisual material available on the site.
This means you are strictly prohibited from creating works or materials that are derive from or are based on the materials contained in the site. This prohibition applies regardless of whether the derivative materials are sold, bartered or given away.
The site may also include materials owned by third parties and posted on the site by virtue of a licence, grant or some other form of agreement between the third party and The Review Works. The site contains links to other websites outside the site for your information and convenience. The Review Works makes no warranty or representation as to the functionality of these links, the security of those sites, or the reliability or accuracy of the information contained on these sites. You access any such website entirely at your own risk and your purchase from any third party is entirely at your own risk.
Strictly on the condition that you keep all content intact and in the same form as presented on the site you may only download and/or view the content for your personal, non-commercial use.
3.1 Social Media Content derived from this site
All content produced on social media by our respective accounts may be shared by you provided that our accounts are ‘tagged’ and/or otherwise credited via social media handle for the content created.
4. REVIEWS, COMMENTS AND OTHER INTERACTIVE USES
By submitting content to this site and/or to The Review Works, including any product reviews or comments or participating in any interactive forum on the site or via The Review Works you grant us and our affiliated businesses a nonexclusive, perpetual, transferrable, and fully sub-licensable, royalty free right to use, adapt, publish and reproduce that content for any purpose, throughout the world and in any media. You acknowledge that this disclosure may include personal information about you and without any compensation, attribution or restrictions on use. We may use the name that you have submitted in connection with that content, however, you acknowledge that any such attribution is at our discretion.
You waive all moral rights to any content you submit, and consent to any act or omission that could otherwise constitute a breach of such moral rights, including derogatory treatment and failure to correctly identify you as the author.
6. SITE ETIQUETTE
When you submit content or participate in any interactive forum on the site, you must conduct yourself with decorum. Any language conduct or behaviour deemed inappropriate may result in termination of your membership. In particular, you warrant that you will not submit any of the following:
content that is false, misleading, unlawful, fraudulent, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, racist, or otherwise inappropriate;
content that harasses, threatens, or offends other users of the site;
content that infringes the intellectual property rights, privacy or confidentiality of any third party;
content that promotes any third-party business, promotion or website (except as authorised by us) including any spam or junk mail or pyramid scheme;
viruses, or other corrupted or destructive files; or
content that misrepresents who you are, including failing to disclose any commercial relationship of affiliation you may have with The Review Works (or a competitor of The Review Works) or any product or service you are reviewing or commenting on).
All views and opinions you express should be your own genuinely held views based on your experience using a product or service and not motivated by any financial gain or intended loss to another business.
Competition Name: The Beauty Works x Vida Glow Competition
Promoter: The Review Works (ABN 58490493442) Suite 513, Lv 5 19a Boundary St, Rushcutters Bay, 2011
Entry – age restrictions: 18 years of age or older.
Entry – residency restriction: The Promotion is open to Australian residents in all eligible states/territories who fulfil the method of entry requirements.
Completion Period: 9am AEST on 25/03/2021 to 11.59pm AEST on 07/04/2021.
How to enter: To enter, an entrant must, during the promotional period: Upload a video or photograph of your Vida Glow experience to your Instagram grid. You must tag #HAComplex, @vida_glow and @the_beauty_works.
Content Criteria: The Vida Glow Hyaluronic Complex product must be featured and the tags listed above must be used.
Multiple Entries Permitted? Yes, entry is unlimited.
Prize(s): $150 David Jones voucher
Total number of prizes: minimum 3
Total Prize Pool: $450
Judge(s): The judging will be performed by a judge/panel of judges appointed by the Promoter.
Location of the judging: The Review Works, Suite 513, Lv 5 19a Boundary St, Rushcutters Bay, 2011
Determining the winner(s): This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winner.
The prize draw will begin: 10:00am AEST on 12/04/2021.
Notifying winners: Winner will be notified via DM no later than 12/04/2021
Collection of Prize: The prizes will be sent to the winner via Australia Post.
Publishing results: The winner will be published on @the_beauty_works Instagram on 13/04/2021.
PART A - INTRODUCTION
1. Information on how to enter and Prize details form part of these terms and conditions.
2. By participating in the Competition, entrants accept and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. For the avoidance of doubt, the terms and conditions include the Schedule above.
3. Entries must comply with these terms and conditions to be valid.
4. Where there is an inconsistency between the Schedule and Parts A to J of these terms and conditions, the schedule will prevail.
PART B - PRIVACY
5. The Promoter will collect and use each entrant’s personal information for the purposes of:
(a) conducting the Competition (which may include disclosure to third parties for the purpose of processing and conducting the Competition) and for promotional purposes, public statements and advertisements in relation to the Competition;
(b) providing information about the products and services offered by the Promoter and its related companies and its affiliated retailers; and
(c) research to improve its products and services.
6. By entering the Competition, entrants’ consent to the use of their personal information as described in clause 5.
PART C - WHO CAN ENTER THE COMPETITION
8. If the Schedule permits entrants to be under the age of 18 years, such entrants must seek permission from their parent or guardian to enter. If the winner of a Prize is under 18 years of age, the Prize will be awarded to the winner’s parent or legal guardian.
9. Directors and employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter or its related companies or agencies and Participating Retailers are not eligible to enter. Immediate families means spouse, ex-spouse, child, step-child, parent, step-parent, legal guardian, sibling or step-sibling.
PART D – HOW TO ENTER THE COMPETITION
10. To enter, each entrant must comply with the ‘How to Enter’ section of the Schedule.
11. If the Schedule permits entrants to submit more than one entry, each entry must be unique and submitted separately.
12. Entries must not have been published previously or used to win prizes in other competitions.
13. An entry cannot be modified after it has been submitted.
14. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to request verification of the age, identity, residential address or any other information relevant to participation in the Competition of all entrants. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who provides false information or fails to provide information that is reasonably requested by the Promoter.
15. The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to refuse to accept entries which are incomplete, indecipherable, offensive, do not comply with these terms and conditions or which contravene any applicable laws or regulations.
16. The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant who has breached any of these terms and conditions, has engaged in unlawful or improper conduct or otherwise acts to cheat or undermine the fairness of the Competition by, for example, tampering with, or using or exploiting errors in, the entry process to obtain a competitive advantage over other entrants.
17. The eligibility of entries is solely within the discretion of the Promoter.
18. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost, misdirected or damaged entries or other communications.
PART E - PRIZES
19. Each Prize is not transferrable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
20. If a Prize is unavailable for reasons beyond the Promoter’s control, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize with a prize of equal or greater monetary value. This right is subject to any applicable legislation, regulations or directions from a regulatory authority.
21. Once a Prize has left the Promoter’s premises, the Promoter takes no responsibility for the Prize being damaged, lost or stolen.
22. All taxes (excluding GST, if any) which may be payable as a consequence of receiving a Prize are the sole responsibility of each winner.
23. A winner's use of the Prize is entirely at their own risk. Before a Prize is awarded, a winner may be required to sign an agreement to release the Promoter from and indemnifying the Promoter against any liability arising from the winner’s acceptance and use of the Prize and the winner’s participation in the Competition.
PART F - HOW THE WINNER(S) ARE DETERMINED
24. The Competition is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner(s).
25. At the time and date specified in the “Determining the winner(s)” section of the Schedule, each valid entry will be judged individually on its merits by the Judges based on the Content Criteria.
26. The winning entry or entries will be the entry or entries that best satisfy the Content Criteria, as determined by the Judges.
27. The number of winning entries to be selected will be the same as the total number of Prizes specified in the Schedule
28. The Judges’ decision will be final and binding and no correspondence with entrants or any other person will be entered into.
29. Each winner will receive a Prize.
PART G - NOTIFICATION AND CLAIMING THE PRIZE(S)
30. The Promoter will provide each winner with instructions on how to claim their Prize. It is the responsibility of each winner to comply with the Promoter’s instructions.
31. The Promoter reserves the right to request each winner to provide proof of their identity and/or proof that they were responsible for the winning entry.
32. Each winner agrees to participate and cooperate, as required, in all publicity activities relating to the Competition, including, without limitation, being interviewed, photographed, filmed and recorded. Each winner authorises the Promoter to use such content for advertising and publicity purposes in any media in perpetuity worldwide.
33. It is the responsibility of each entrant to notify the Promoter of any change to their contact details.
PART H - UNCLAIMED PRIZES
34. The Promoter will take all reasonable steps to identify and notify each winner in an attempt to ensure that each winner receives their Prize. However, if a winner cannot be identified or does not claim the Prize within three months of the date on which the winners are determined, their Prize is forfeited and will be awarded to the next best entry.
35. Each winner of an unclaimed Prize will be determined and notified in accordance with Parts F and G.
PART I – NO LIABILITY
36. Any Prize supplied by a third party supplier is subject to the terms and conditions of that third party supplier. Each Prize may come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. If those guarantees are not complied with, then you will have rights under the Australian Consumer Law. Subject to those guarantees and rights, the Promoter shall not be liable and excludes all liability (including negligence) for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) for damage to property, personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the Competition or the use or taking of any Prize except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law including as provided for under the Australian Consumer Law.
37. If entry is via Facebook or if the Competition is promoted on Facebook, the Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook and each entrant agrees to grant Facebook a complete release from any claims that they now have or may have in the future which relate to or are incidental to the Competition. Entrants acknowledge and agree that:
(a) any information they provide in connection with the Competition is provided to the Promoter and not to Facebook or any other social network; and
(b) any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Competition will be directed to the Promoter, not to Facebook or any other social network.
38. If entry is via Instagram or if the Competition is promoted on Instagram, the Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Instagram and each entrant agrees to grant Instagram a complete release from any claims that they now have or may have in the future which relate to or are incidental to the Competition. Entrants acknowledge and agree that:
(a) any information they provide in connection with the Competition is provided to the Promoter and not to Instagram or any other social network; and
(b) any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Competition will be directed to the Promoter, not to Instagram or any other social network.
PART J - TERMINATION OF COMPETITION
39. The Promoter reserves the right to vary the terms of, or cancel, the Competition at any time without liability to any entrant or other person, subject to applicable laws.